Specialist Trust Lawyer
- Matt is a business and trust law expert. Formerly a corporate and commercial partner at a major national law firm, Matt is now principal at Succeed Legal, a firm that specialises in advising privately owned businesses, trustees and private individuals on a range of corporate and commercial, trust, and property related matters.
- Matt has over 20 years’ experience as a legal adviser and has acted on a number of large corporate transactions and has advised in connection with some of New Zealand’s leading Trust law cases.
- He is also a regular speaker on Trust law matters at professional and industry conferences and is a full member of STEP (Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners).
Specialist Financial Services Training Consultant
- Angi has worked in financial services for over 20 years in various roles in banks, specialist lenders and insurance providers, working directly with clients, as well as in third-party channels.
- Angi is also a qualified assessor and has guided, trained and assessed many candidates in the modules of the National Certificate in Financial Services (L5), and its successor, the New Zealand Certificate in Financial Services (L5).
- In addition to facilitating and assessing, Angi also works with financial advisers to develop robust documents and systems in their adviser businesses. Angi enjoys working closely with advisers to assist them in ensuring that their documentation and processes are robust, transparent and client-centric, and helping them to meet their legislative obligations in a practical way.
Founder and Board of Trustees Chair Mary Potter Hospice
- Mark was a qualified lawyer in the UK specialising in estate and tax planning for 15 years before coming to New Zealand in 1995. Working for Guardian Trust for 14 years he focused on estate and trust administration and planning advice.
- Whilst at Guardian Trust (now Perpetual Guardian) Mark presented training seminars (to staff and the public) on estate and financial planning, as well as presenting papers to financial advisors, lawyers and accountants at conference workshops for the New Zealand Law Society and Lexis Nexis.
- Mark also worked for Public Trust for 4 years, as a National Manager Business Services. Managed a team of AFAs across New Zealand providing financial planning services.
Director and Chartered Accountant
- All of Hamish’s family are self-employed and he grew up around the dinner watching them talk about cashflow, staffing, sales and profitability. He founded Convex Accounting Ltd in 2011 to help people like his family, and to challenge the stereotype of the dull, cardigan-wearing accountant!
- For many people, accounting has been seen as a retrospective join-the-dots exercise; where Hamish’s interest is in ensuring those dots are used to make future decisions, based on real-time information. This is what helps build the value of a business and build family wealth outside the business.
- To this end, Hamish has invested in sharing knowledge and awareness through a series of eBooks. This educational focus aligns well with TeachUs’ focus on training and education.
Company Chair, Director and Digital General Manager
- Lincoln has a wealth of experience in the technology, wealth and trust sectors. He owned a software and consultancy business and has run IT at Goldman Sachs NZ, Craigs Investment Partners, The Trust Company and Perpetual Guardian.
- His role was managing Kowhiri which is a specialist provider of digital services for the estate planning industry with the vision of being the global leader in software in the industry.
- Kowhiri took a big leap toward its vision with the acquisition of Documents Plus Ltd whose software is used to write 500,000+ wills annually around the world.
Director and Consultant
- Coming from an HR/recruitment background, for the past 25+ years Jane has worked with many businesses as a financial services adviser, consultant, AFA (one of the initial voluntary AFAs from 13 May 2011 to 4 November 2016) and in corporate management roles operationalising and influencing strategy. Creating and maintaining strategic alliances, and establishing and building advice and sales capability in adviser channels throughout New Zealand.
- Jane’s experience from frontline sales advice to senior leadership gives her an in-depth perspective on what drives incremental business and industry improvement - investing in the capability and confidence of the salesforce to hold better and more insightful client conversations.
- Collaborating with experts, Jane is pivotal in developing online, engaging and relatable modules to close gaps in adviser and client awareness of estate planning and asset protection principles.
Founder, Director, Business Analyst and Consultant
- Graduating with a Bachelor's Degree in Commerce & Administration (studying: Mgmt, Mrkting, InfoSys and ComLaw) from Victoria University as well as completing a Graduate Diploma (Personal Financial Planning) from Massey University, Corey has spent the past 25+ years in positions within the superannuation, insurance, trustee, financial services and banking industries.
- He has worked with leading experts in wealth and asset protection, which is where he gained his knowledge and interest in using trusts as an asset protection strategy to help families across generations.
- Corey now combines his digital expertise and financial services knowledge to shape user and learner experiences, building and transferring knowledge with digital convenience.